Thursday, May 29, 2008

Replacement mini-note 2133 is here

I chose not to return the mini to thinkgeek.com for a full refund with the promise from HP technical support that they would send a replacement upgrade for my defective machine. Well, after almost a month it's finally here and I love it!! The old mini definitely had defective hardware as the new laptop's wifi hooked right up to the network.

The 24-48 hours shipping turned into almost a month but it was worth the wait. I called and raised a little stink about not seeing the replacement for almost a month and got a call back from a different tech. He said they weren't getting the 1.6Ghz machines with Suse for another week. Being way behind and in a hurry to g3et caught up on side work, I asked if he could just ship me one with Windows Vista and I would install Suse from the CD. He agreed and said it would ship the next day and he'd send a restore CD for Vista just because.

It arrived!!! I opened the box to find a shiny new laptop with Windows Vista, power cord and 6-cell battery! No CDs or manuals though so I called the original tech and got the Vista restore CD sent. I boxed up the old laptop and shipped it back. Working laptop in hand... Awesome!

No comments: