Friday, June 13, 2008

Firefox Backspace not going Back in linux

Something that has been bothering me since I put Kubuntu on the Inspiron has been the backspace not going Back in Firefox. Mind you, not bothering me enough to lookup until now with the semi-permanent Ubuntu install and all. :>

Second hit on Google was http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/. Follow the link to find out why the Backspace wasn't working as we thought it should.

Below is the fix with a few extra details I added:

1. Type about:config in the address bar then hit Enter.
2. Type "browser.backspace_action" in the Filter box (matches will automatically filter)
3. Double-click the line to open the edit dialog box
4. Change the value to 0 then click OK
5. Close the tab and you're done.

NOTE:
The change is immediate. I did NOT have to restart Firefox to use the Backspace.
Also something I saw in the comment thread that I didn't know was that the Alt+left-arrow goes Back. Alt+right-arow goes forward...

No comments: